// Î ÐÊÀ // Ëè÷íûå ñòðàíèöû ÷ëåíîâ ÐÊÀ // À.Å.Âîéñêóíñêèé
ALEXANDER E. VOISKOUNSKY
Contact Information: Psychology Department, Moscow State Lomonosov University, 8/5 Mokhovaya str., Moscow 103009 Russia,
Ph.: (095) 203-3409 (dept)
(095) 939-2319 (lab)
Fax: (095) 939-2319
E-mail: email@example.com or: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Employment Experience:
2002 - Present Head of MINDLab Moscow, Institute of Psychology, Russian Academy of Sciences; since October, 2003 - Moscow City
University of Psychology and Education
1998 - Present Head of Laboratory, Faculty of Psychology, Moscow University
1977 - 1998 Senior Research Fellow, Faculty of Psychology, Moscow
1972 - 1977 Research Fellow, Institute of Psychology, Academy of Sciences
1969 - 1972 Research Fellow, Faculty of Psychology, Moscow University
2000 - 2001 (April) Deputy Head, Department of General Psychology, Faculty of
Psychology, Moscow University
1995 - 1999 Acting Head, Department of General Psychology, Faculty of
Psychology, Moscow University
1992 - 1995 Deputy Head, Department of General Psychology, Faculty of
Psychology, Moscow University
Research Grants and Awards:
Honoured researcher, Moscow State University after M.V.Lomonosov
Visiting Scholarship, Sawyer Seminar, the Franke Institute for the Humanities, The University of Chicago, USA. Grantee
DAAD (German Foundation for Academic Exchanges). Visiting Researcher at the Friedrich Schiller. University (Jena, Germany). Grantee
Russian Foundation for Basic Research. Grant: "Human Beings on the Internet: Cognition, Communication, Gaming". Head of the Research Team
Research Foundation for the Humanities (Russia). Grant: Gender Aspects in the Internet Use. Head of the Research Team
Russian Federal Program "Development of Tolerance and Prevention of Extremism in Russia". Project: "Internet: Aggression and Tolerance". Member of the Project Team
1999 - 2001
Russian Foundation for Basic Research. Grant: "Impact of Information Technologies on Personality". Head of the Research Team
1998 - 2000
Open Society Institute (Soros Foundation). Grant: "Internet in Eastern and Central Europe: Comparative Research of the Internet Users in Transient Post-Communist States". Head of the International Research Team
1997 - 1998
Open Society Institute (Soros Foundation). Grant: "A. Leontiev's Psychological School". Head of the Research Team (1998)& Participant (1997-1998)
1997 - 1999
Russian Foundation for Basic Research. Grant: "Human Activity on the Internet". Principal Investigator
Open Society Institute (Soros Foundation). Grant: "Bibliographic Databases in Psychology". Grantee
1996 - 1998
Russian Foundation for Basic Research. Grant: "Cognitive and Communicative Abilities of Children Using Computer Telecommunications". Head of the Project Team
1996 - 2000
Russian Foundation for Research in Humanities. Grant: "Development of Russian Bibliographic Database in Psychology". Head of the Project Team
Rockefeller Foundation (USA). Collaborative (with Diane Halpern)compilation & editing of the book "States of Mind: American and Post-Soviet Perspectives on Contemporary Issues in Psychology"(Oxford University Press, 1997). Grantee
R.Celli Award for Rockefeller Foundation Fellows
1994 - 1996
Russian Foundation for Basic Research. Grant: "Creativity and Information Technologies". Principal Investigator
1992 - 2003
Russian Institute for Public Networks & RELARN Association Research Project on the Monitoring of Russian Internet Users. Head of the Project Team
Numerous research projects carried out before 1992 were not regarded as grants/projects but as planned research work.
- Russian Psychological Society
- Moscow ACM SIGCHI (MOSCHI)
- International Communication Association
- International Association for Cross-Cultural Research
- Journal of Computer Mediated Communication (Quarterly Electronic Journal)
- PsychNology (Quarterly Electronic Journal: ISSN 1720-7525)720-7525) (ISSN 0-7525)
- Member of the Program Committee, Third International Conference on
CULTURAL ATTITUDES TOWARDS TECHNOLOGY AND COMMUNICATION (CATaC'02)
(12-15 July 2002), Montreal, Quebec, Canada:
- Deputy Head of Chairman, All-Russian Conference on PSYCHOLOGY OF THINKING
(May 24-26, 2003), Institute of Psychology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow.
- Co-Chairman, PSYCHOLOGY & IT, 1st International Conference on Psychological Aspects of Information Technology, to be held September 7-9, 2004 at Cadiz, Spain.
- Member of the Program Committee, Fourth International Conference on Cultural Attitudes towards Technology and Communication (CATaC'04), to be held in Karlstad, Sweden, 27 June-1 July 2004:
- General Psychology (undergraduate)
- Psychology of Mediated Communication (graduate)
- Psychology of the Internet Use (graduate)
- Psychology & Information and Communication Technologies(graduate & postgraduate)
- Humanities & Social Sciences Research on the Internet (postgraduate)
- Information and Communication Technologies & New Trends in Research Methodology (postgraduate)
- Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand (1994)
- Victoria University, Wellington, New Zealand (1994)
- Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany (1999)
Actual Research Interests:
- Psychology of Mediated Communication
- Psychology of the Internet Use
- Internet/Computer Addiction & Overuse
- Gender Issues on the Internet Use
- Online Research Methods
- Cultural Attitudes Towards Technologies
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Session: "Information Technologies and New Trends in Human Development", XVth Meeting, International Society for the Study of Behavioral Development, Berne, Switzerland, 1998. Co-organizer: Gerritt van der Veer (the Netherlands).
- Session: "The Multi-Ethnic Cyberworld", 2nd International Crossroads in Cultural Studies Conference, Tampere, Finland, 1998. Co-organizer: Fay Sudweeks (Australia).
- Session: "Psychological Aspects of Human Activity in the Internet Environment", The 2nd Russian Conference on Environmental Psychology, Moscow, 2000.
- Panel: "The European Way to ICT and CMC Research: A Historical Perspective", The 50th International Communication Association Annual Conference, Acapulco, Mexico, 2000. Co-organizer: Thomas Koehler (Germany).
- Session: "Western/Eastern Patterns of the Internet Usage", 3rd International Crossroads in Cultural Studies Conference, Birmingham, UK, 2000. Co-organizer: Thomas Koehler (Germany).
- Session: "Global Information Technologies: Social and Psychological Impact", 3rd International Conference "Building the Strategic Community through Education and Science", Moscow University, Moscow, Russia, 2001.
- WWW-conference: "Global Information Technologies: Social and Psychological Impact", Moscow, Russia, April-May, 2001. URL www.auditorium.ru/.
- Symposium: "Motivation in the Cyberspace", The 8th International Conference on Motivation (Workshop on Achievement and Task Motivation), Moscow, Russia, June 12-15, 2002.
- 1st All-Russian Conference: "Psychology of Thinking", Moscow, Russia, May 22-23, 2003, Deputy Head of the Conference Chair.
- Session: "Psychological Aspects of Human Activity in the Internet Environment", The 3rd Russian Conference on Environmental Psychology, Moscow, 2003.
- PSYCHOLOGY & IT 2004, 1st International conference on Psychological Aspects of Information Technology. To be held September 7-9, 2004, in Cadiz, Spain. Co-chairman. URL www.wessex.ac.uk/conferences/2004/psychology04
Conferences Participation (abbreviated list):