Joseph A. DeVITO
Joseph A. DeVito is a famous U. S. Communication scholar, Professor Emeritus of Hunter College, member of the of the National Communication Association, the Eastern Communication Association, the International Communication Association, the International Society for General Semantics, and the Society for the Study of Personal Relationships, author of numerous textbooks, used by thousands of students. His scholarly articles have appeared in Quarterly Journal of Speech, Communication Monographs, Communication Education, Communication Quarterly, Southern Speech Communication Journal, Central States Communication Journal, Journal of Communication, Etc.: A Review of General Semantics, Sexology, etc.
His books include:
· The Psychology of Speech and Language: An Introduction to Psycholinguistics (New York: Random House, 1970).
· Psycholinguistics (Indianapolis, Indiana: Bobbs-Merrill, 1971).
· General Semantics: Guide and Workbook (DeLand, Florida: Everett/Edwards, 1971, Revised Edition, 1974).
· General Semantics (Nine Audio Tapes) (DeLand, Florida: Everett/Edwards, 1971).
· Communication: Concepts and Processes (Edited) (Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, 1971, Revised and Enlarged Edition, 1976, Third Edition, 1981).
· Language: Concepts and Processes (Edited) (Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, 1973).
· Articulation and Voice: Effective Communication [With others] (Indianapolis, Indiana: Bobbs-Merrill, 1975).
· The Interpersonal Communication Book. (New York: Longman, 9th edition, 2001).
· Human Communication. New York: Longman, 8th edition, 2000).
· The Elements of Public Speaking (New York: Longman, 7th edition, 2000).
· The Communication Handbook: A Dictionary (New York: Harper & Row, 1986).
· The Nonverbal Communication Workbook (Prospect Heights, Illinois: Waveland Press, 1989).
· The Nonverbal Communication Reader (Edited) [With others] (Prospect Heights, Illinois: Waveland Press, 2nd edition, 1997).
· Messages: Building Interpersonal Communication Skills (New York: Longman, 4th edition, 1999).
· Essentials of Human Communication (New York: Longman, 3rd edition, 1999).
· The Public Speaking Guide (New York: Longman, 1994).
· Studying Communication (New York: Longman, 1995).
· Brainstorms: How to Think More Creatively about Communication (or about anything else) (New York: Longman, 1996).
Translations and adaptations of the above works include: Les fondements de la communication humaine [French] Gaetan Morin, Canada, 1993; Komunikasi Antarmanusia [Indonesian] Professional Books, Jakarta, Indonesia, 1997; Human Communication [New Zealand] Longman, Auckland, New Zealand, 2000; Messages: Building Interpersonal Communication skills [Canadian] Addison Wesley Longman, Toronto, 2001.
We are glad to let you know that Professor DeVito has expressed his interest in contacts with the Russian Communication Association.