THE RUSSIAN STATE UNIVERSITY FOR THE HUMANITIES
School of History, Political Science and Law
The Department of Social Communications and Technologies
5/9 Nikolskaya st.
Moscow, Russia 103012
Phone (095) 298-3805
The department of Social Communications and Technologies is the main subdivision of the specialization "Public Relations". It was founded in September 2002 as an innovative educational and research unit.
The special features of the department are the following:
- emphasis on the educational traditions of a University as an institution and a leading phenomenon of culture in modern society
- complex approach to the training of communications specialists (the optimal combination of theory and practice, the integration of educational process and science research)
- combination and integration of the wide scope of educational opportunities for students (history, political science, law, political anthropology of the Middle East)
Mission of the department
The mission of the department is to carry out research using managerial paradigm so as to put this kind of research into practice. The distinguishing feature of such curriculum is understanding "Public relations" as one of the most knowledge-based and perspective profession areas. We aim to train our students not only an ordinary public relations officers but social engineers, communication designers and communication managers.
- Basics of communication science
- Theory and practice of public relations
- Advertising in communicative process
- Theory and practice of mass-media
- Communicative history of Russia
- Communicative management
- Temporal technologies of communication
- Marketing research in public relations
- Public relations for politics
- Social psychology
- Ethics in business communications
- Consulting in public relations
The third year students are majoring in the following master-classes:
- Methodology and technologies of social communications
- Styles of professional activities in public relations
- Creative decision-making in public relations
- Modern communicative culture
- Ethic aspects of public relations
- Information technologies in social communications
- International public relations
Projects of the department
- Making of multimedia text-book "The Introduction in Communication Science"
- Research of political and communicative potential of non-classic organizations
- Research of specific cultural features and professional styles of PR practitioners
- Cooperation with communication specialists and PR practitioners in order to launch new international educational programs
- Conducting University seminar on "Social Communication in Culture"
Chairman Klyagin Sergey (Doctor of Philosophy)
9 Associate Professors in PR
All the staff are highly experienced in consulting different commercial and state organizations.