Since November 2001 the RCA has been recognized as an
affiliate of the NCA
Letter of Understanding
Participation at the NCA conventions: NCA2002, NCA2003
RCA Business Meetings at NCA: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
Hope at Luther, NCA Institute for Faculty (2004-2005)
RCA's panels at the NCA Convention in San Antonio, Texas, USA (Nov 2006)
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN NCA AND RCA
Whereas the National Communication Association (NCA) and the Russian Communication Association (RCA) share common interest in promoting research and teaching in Communication Studies and their practical application in democratic societies outside of academia, and
Whereas, these common interests include a joint commitment to support the professional and scholarly development of educators and students of Communication Studies, and
Whereas, NCA and RCA recognize each other as independent organizations while affirming the benefits of cooperation,
NCA and RCA, therefore, sanction the following provisions of a Memorandum of Understanding for Affiliation:
- The RCA will hold an annual meeting in conjunction with NCA's annual convention, at a time and place to be determined by NCA. The organizations will work together in programming for the annual meetings. Through open communication and cooperation, the NCA and RCA will recognize and work together toward achieving the objectives and solving the problems of each in conjunction with planning annual meetings.
- NCA and RCA will explore new opportunities for cooperating on joint projects which meet the objectives outlined above. An example of such joint endeavors is the Pyatigorsk conference "Communicating Across Differences" to be held in Russia in June, 2002.
- NCA and RCA will continue to cooperate in the joint promotion of research in our area of common interest. Products of such cooperation would include but not be limited to joint projects in publishing, bibliographic services, and promotion of publications.
- NCA and RCA will explore new opportunities for cooperation in teaching communication disciplines at the university level as well as in conducting communication research. Products of such cooperation might include projects to promote the quality of educational instruction, research (theoretical and applied), and the professional development of faculty involved in these areas.
- NCA and RCA will continue to work towards opportunities to improve societies' understanding of communication in public discourse.
- NCA and RCA will explore other cooperative undertakings for the joint promotion of their common mission.
- In implementing the provisions of this agreement, officers in the two organizations will jointly maintain working agreements describing their procedures for cooperative projects.
- This agreement will become active with the approval of the NCA Administrative Committee and the RCA Coordination Committee. Amendments to the agreement may be proposed by either party and will become effective upon approval of the NCA Administrative Committee and the RCA Coordination Committee. Either organization may terminate the agreement by action of its ratifying body and notification to the other organization.
On behalf of the RCA Coordination Committee, they being in agreement with the above memorandum ,
President, RCA Coordination Committee