Deadline: 31 May 2005
SOUTHERN AFRICAN SOCIETY FOR EDUCATION
P. O. Box 2288, PRETORIA, 0001: e-mail: email@example.com; LekhotlaM@gpg.gov.za
You are invited to present a paper at the 32nd International Annual Conference of SASE to be held on 21 - 23 September 2005
The Southern African Society for Education is pleased to announce its 32nd International Conference, which will be hosted by the Eduardo Mondlane University of Maputo, Mozambique.
The theme of this year's conference is:
Adequate and Competitive Education in African Society in the Age of Scientific and Technological Progress
The conference papers and discussions will be organised around this theme and the sub-themes that are attached in Appendix 1.
The conference provides an international forum for debating issues that impact on education in the African continent at a time when the effects of the digital age and globalisation are at their peak.
A full paper should not exceed 8 pages and should be preceded by a one-page abstract.
Papers should be submitted, electronically. Abstracts should reach the organizing committee not later than 31 May 2005. Authors will be informed about the acceptability of their abstracts not later than 30 June 2005. For the full papers to be included in a bound Conference Proceedings compilation, they must reach the organising committee not later than on 15 August 2005 Proceedings will be available during registration.
Submission of abstracts: ---------- on or before 30 May
Acceptance of abstracts: ---------- on or before 30 June
Submission of full papers: -------- on or before 15 August
The conference venue:
Eduardo Mondlane University,
Conference delegates will make their own arrangements for accommodation.
The list of hotels, the prices and their conversion into the South African rand is attached: Appendix 2.
Who can participate:
The Organising Committee wishes to encourage participation by academics and/or scholars in the field of education, and other stakeholders in:
- Higher education institutions,
- Government Departments,
- Non-governmental organizations, and
- Senior students engaged in masters and doctoral studies in higher education institutions.
Early bird fee: ---------- R750.00 per delegate on or before 31 July 2005
Regular fee: ------------- R800.00 per delegate from 1 August 2005 onwards.
Additional information concerning the logistics will be sent as soon as it is available.
For any additional information contact the General Secretary/Treasurer at:
TEL: 012 3125651
FAX: 012 324 4484
Ms Pototo Sangoni: General Secretary/Treasurer:
Southern African Society for Education
- - - -
SOUTHERN AFRICAN SOCIETY FOR EDUCATION (SASE): 2005:
THEME: Adequate and Competitive Education in African Society in the Age of Scientific and Technological Progress
Issues that impact on education in Africa
- Education in Africa: Is it adequate and competitive?
- Tools to achieve the goal of satisfactory education: Which ones to choose?
- The dilemma of language of instruction in African countries: Is there a solution?
Management issues and their impact on education in Africa
- Social transformations in schools: What ways must we choose to reach the aim?
- The role of professional management: Does it influence the teaching?
- Leadership training: What is its role in getting to an acceptable education?
- Human evolution: Does it help the purpose of schooling?
- Creativity and imagination and adhering to rules: Is there a place for a compromise?
- Subject's individuality: How to inspire and express it in an epoch of conformity?
- Culturing environmental protection: How important is it for Africa in particular?
- Public health protection education and science education: Does it make a difference?
- Science education didactic aids: How to balance between the local and the imported?
- Traditional beliefs and ideas of science education: Are they friends or foes?
The digital divide between North and South: Can education in Africa bridge this?
- Computerisation of African schools: Isn't it a too farfetched idea?
- Science education in the conditions of a technological lag: Isn't it a fiction?
ACCOMMODATION IN MAPUTO
Back to CALENDAR
Back to HOME PAGE